Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kinda blah, but good anyway

I went to C and E's for dinner tonight, and S was over too. She's been around for the last couple weeks, and I've gotten to know her much better. She's got a really big soft heart, and she's also very funny. She definitely falls into the "really awesome people" group, and I like her a lot. We connected pretty well last week; she's had some experience with coming out to people, and she was empathetic to some of what I'm going through, especially with my family. I think she's still a little unsure around me, but it's still a new thing for her. C and E were unsure when I first started going over there. J and J were a bit unsure, I think, when I went over to their house too.

I felt kinda blah today; I'm not sure what it's from, but I felt like I was being a wet blanket for everybody else. I was running really late all day today, so maybe that's got something to do with it. I felt like I did really well with my makeup (less is more is my new mantra, and I'm trying to look nice without looking "made up"), though I wasn't terribly excited about my clothes. But on an up note, the sushi rolls that E and S made were really great, and we relaxed and chatted and watched women's beach volleyball and all sorts of different swimming events on the Olympics.

Other than that, I was able to shave myself pretty well today. So, almost a week for my skin to return to normal. Hopefully as some of the hair follicles are killed, the recovery period will grow shorter, since there will be much less of my skin which will be damaged.

No comments: