Sunday, August 31, 2008

Twice in one week

Friday's outing was the most relaxing evening I've had in a long time. I was looking forward to it all week, the time when I would get to see my dearest friends in the world. It was a lazy evening, and I think we all had some unwinding to do. E had a hard day and needed a big hug, which I was very happy to give her; I probably needed it as much as she did. Even though not everyone was able to make it, it was very comfortable, and it was the perfect end to the week.

Tomorrow (Sunday, which is technically today) I'm going to K and L's for the first time in girl-mode. Their daughter will be there, and I'm a little nervous about that; my history with children not understanding what is going on with me isn't the greatest. K will be at work when I get there, so it will be just us girls, at least until he gets back home. L is making lasagna, and I'm bringing some pie for dessert.

I don't have much else to say. It seems like I should be a little more anxious, driving halfway across town, walking up to a door in a neighborhood of people who have only seen "him" before, visiting with people who I have known for over half my life, but who have never seen "her" before. But the weird part is, I'm not, really. It could be the late hour and my tiredness, or it could be that I'm just getting used to presenting myself that way, and that this is just another day.

No comments: