Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's ba-a-ack

This morning, the mirror revealed some disturbing, but not unexpected news: my beard shadow is coming back. Not the whole thing yet, but I could very clearly see a scattering of dark hairs poking through the skin. For the past week, I've had some growth, but it was only very very light hairs; I had to shave every other day, but it was still basically invisible. And now, the visible stuff is coming back. I was hoping the period of no hair would be a bit longer, but I guess that's all I get for right now. It sure was nice to not have to be self-conscious of that masculine feature for a little while.

The nurse at the laser clinic said that I would probably have my next appointment at 3 months, which would put it in early November. I hope that the swelling and pain in my skin is less next time, since there will be less hair to cause trouble. Time will tell.

No comments: