Saturday, September 27, 2008

Much ado about...

Not nothing, that's for very sure! I went to the TATS group session this afternoon, and despite all my anxiety, and my poor sleep last night, and my nausea this afternoon, it was a very uplifting experience. I didn't say much at all, but the people there were all very helpful. There were a whole range of people there, from people who appeared to be just starting out, to people who were done with their transitions, including several points in between, to a couple of significant others. There were both transwomen and transmen. Everybody had a lot of insightful and helpful things to say. After the meeting, I spent a little time talking with one person, who invited me to participate in some of the weekly meetings they have, on Mondays and Thursdays. The Monday sessions seem like they would be most practical for me; I may not go this Monday, but I will definitely try to get to a meeting very soon.

As for the rest of my evening, my potential date-thing, well, it just didn't happen. It's a long story, and it's really not worth telling anyway. So I went to the car-guys meeting. I had to race home to change back to boring-guy me, which, after the excellent meeting, was the biggest downer of the day. It was a light turnout, but the one person who I wanted to see was there, and none the worse for wear, despite his house being destroyed by flooding.

In other news, E made a little slip of the tongue this morning, and made reference to "Trinity" to someone who wasn't in the loop. Notice the past-tense there: E and I came out to J this morning. Her response was "I want to see." E gushed a little bit about how cute I am, which made me feel pretty good. So I guess J will get to see sometime soon. I told her Friday, so we'll see if she comes.

I'm afraid this post isn't too coherent - I'm about to fall face-first into the keyboard. Off to dreamy-land with me!

No comments: