Friday, October 17, 2008

One costume, coming up!

So now that I have Fridays off (I've moved to a Sunday-Thursday shift at work, ugh), I've spent the morning going over the patterns for the dress and petticoat for my Halloween costume. I have my list of things I need at the fabric store, and once the laundry finishes, I'm going to venture out and hopefully I can find everything. I went to three different fabric stores yesterday, including the one that always has everything, and none of them had the kind of gingham that I need. How completely disappointing! I did some searching, and there are several more fabric stores within reasonable distance, so I'm still ok.

Once I can find all my items, and get them marked and cut, I think it'll be just a couple days to make each piece. The tricky parts on the dress will be the zipper (because they always are, for me), and the order that I need to assemble the pieces. The barely-difficult part on the petti will be gathering, plus lots and lots (and lots) of straight lines. Then I'll have a little over a week to either find or make a blouse. And then I'll be done! Perhaps while I'm at the fabric store, I can look at the pattern books for possible blouse patterns.

I'll try to post pictures of my progress. I haven't made any clothes in quite a while, so this should be lots of fun. I'm very excited about this dress - it's going to be soooo cute!

2 comments:

laanba said...

Hi, yeah so I'm catching up on your blog posts. You sew? And cook? You are already a better girl than me. :-)

Trinity Annabelle said...

There are as many different ways of being a girl, as there are girls. Your way and my way are just different, that's all. And you have NO idea the kind of chaos I can create in a kitchen - it's almost scary! :)