Friday, November 7, 2008

OK so far...

I've been putting aloe lotion on my face every few hours since my treatment yesterday (except, of course, while I was sleeping), and it seems to be helping. It's still achy, but it's not really swollen or red. So that's good.

Right now, I'm working on my coming-out letter to my dad. I'm trying to keep things very short and to the point; it seems like some of my other coming-out letters were too long, and maybe had a little too much information in them. So rather than lay out a huge bunch of information overload, I'm going to try for a minimal kind of thing, and then see if I can encourage questions. I should be able to finish it up tonight, and I hope to go talk to him tomorrow morning. I am already feeling quite a bit of anxiety; he's so hard to read, and I just have no idea at all how this will go.

And after that, I'm going to try to talk to my gaming group tomorrow afternoon. I was hoping to talk to them last Saturday, but it just wasn't the right time, and I couldn't summon the courage. They didn't blink an eye when I started playing a sorceress character a few months ago, so I'm sure there's very little to worry about with them. I do, however, anticipate a fair amount of shock, and am not especially looking forward to the response I expect from J. I guess we'll see how it goes.

No comments: