Saturday, December 27, 2008

The inevitable letdown

Christmas is such a huge buildup to... something. And now that it's over, there's the after-holiday blues that always set in. I just decided to take the day off, to decompress and do absolutely nothing. It's been really nice! I'm still in my jammies, and it's very near dinner time.

Yesterday, C and E and the rest of the brood got back from their vacation, and I had to do my final cat-sitting duties yesterday anyway, so I decided that I'd save them some effort when they got home, and cooked them some dinner while I was there. It wasn't anything major, but it was very much appreciated. And it was the first time in a few weeks that I've had a femme day, so, apart from the cat pee on the floor, it was good.

I'm not sure if it's my new hormones, or just decompression from the silly-season stress, but I have been exhausted the past couple days. I'm sleeping like a rock for like 9 hours, and waking up still tired. I've read that some people have a lower energy level once they start on estrogen, so maybe that's what is going on. I'm also experiencing a lot more sensitivity to touch, which I've heard many other people report. The nausea seems to have gone away, so maybe that was just me adjusting. Things are moving along; some quicker changes than I expected, but they're very welcome changes.

No comments: