Friday, December 19, 2008

The not-so-glamorous side...

The spironolactone data sheet says that one of the side effects could be nausea. Sure enough. My appetite has been massive for the past couple days, and then when I get done eating, I'm just all... ugh.

I hope that I'm just getting used to it, and things will settle down in a couple of days.

On a brighter note, I had a really good session with my therapist this week. I told her that I was not happy with the way she talked to me during the previous session. We had a very good conversation about it, and we got a bunch of things out in the open. She was very happy that I confronted her about it, rather than keeping it to myself.

I also finally fulfilled a small dream I've had for a long time. My bed now has sheer drapes around it! I bought my bed frame 8 years ago, and since I saw it in the showroom I've wanted to get some sheers for it, so I finally measured and found what I wanted. I put them up tonight, and though they probably need a little adjustment, they're finally there. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Beta Bates said...

I know it's the most obvious thing to ask, but are you taking it with something foodinous and absorbent? Lot of carbohydrates, perhaps? I have the sort of stomach that can take habanero garlic bread and 50 cups of coffee first thing, so I never noticed any additional nausea. Anyhow.... I wish you much much luck. <3<#<3

Trinity Annabelle said...

Yes, I've been taking them in the mornings, with typical breakfasty-type foods, bagels, or poptarts at the least. The bottle says "TAKE WITH FOOD", so with-food they were a-taken. :) It went away after a couple days, so it was probably just my body adjusting to the new chemistry.

Thank you so much for your good wishes! <3