Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sound and color

I spent a little bit of time with the microphone and recording program yesterday, before I went over to C and E's for the evening. I was reasonably surprised at how I sound; it's still not great, but it's a whole lot better than I expected. My voice is one of the things that has frustrated me, because I'm just not quite sure what I really want to sound like. As a result of my frustration, I just don't have any motivation to work with it, and I don't improve at all.

But my current voice is fairly comfortable for me to use, and sounds decent. I wouldn't say it makes me happy per se, but I'm more pleased than disappointed. More positive than negative. It's progress, so I'll take it.

I felt pretty good about my appearance yesterday, too. I think I'm getting a better idea of some of the effects of the couple different makeup schemes that I use; the browns look pretty good with my coloring, but they seem harsher than the pinks. The brown liner and mascara doesn't really seem to go with the pinks, but the black is way too dark. I still want to figure out some good colors that will enhance my blue eyes, because I still get a little greenness out of the pinks. I have blues, but I haven't used the blue liner much, and the blue shadows are WAY too dark. They seem a little dramatic for the basic daily-type stuff that I'm trying.

So much to learn. But it's pretty fun, so that's ok. And I am getting quicker, and making fewer mistakes.

No comments: