Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A very good day

I recently got back in contact with somebody who I haven't seen in a few years. We've been trading emails, and I dropped a few hints that "things" were up with me. Well, this afternoon, I ended up coming out to him. The exchange was kind of funny; he kept everything pretty light, and I laughed out loud when I read his response. And it turns out that he knows another trans woman, so he already knows all about the mechanics of what happens. His questions are about me and my social situation, how my family is handling everything, and things like that.

I am continually amazed by the support I get from my friends. I know I really shouldn't be, because friends are people who stand by you because they care about you. They don't take off when things get difficult, or weird, or whatever. And they're right here, with me, every step of the way. And that is awesome.

No comments: