Friday, February 13, 2009

Stay with what works

Since the endocrinologist increased my dosage of estradiol, I've been feeling not nearly as good as I was initially. My depression has more or less returned, and I haven't been sleeping restfully, I've had no energy or motivation, and the big clincher this morning - I woke up with a headache. Last time I saw the doctor, he said that headaches and/or high blood pressure are signs that the dosage is too high. I've had a few other very minor headaches since the dosage change, but didn't think they were bad enough to even be called "headache".

So instead of two estradiol tablets, this morning I only took one. It worked great before, so I'm going to go back to that.

Speaking of which, I need to go fill my prescription tomorrow, since it will run out on Sunday. I should call the pharmacy to make sure they're actually open tomorrow, to avoid any bad surprises.

No comments: