Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A happy fog

This morning was my phone consultation with the plastic surgeon. The procedure was interesting: I was to page a number at 9:00, and the doctor would then call me back at the number I left. The few minutes leading up to my call, though... my hands were shaking, and I had to pee. I just get too worked up over these things.

He called back after about 15 minutes, and immediately apologized for keeping me waiting. We talked about my coming to his office for an in-person consultation in early July, since I'll be passing through his city; we're all set up for that, and I just need to call his office tomorrow to confirm with his staff.

Then he got down to a short consultation. I should have made this post directly after the call, because I've forgotten some of the things he said. But I do remember that he was very excited about my eyes, and said that they were <gulp> beautiful, and that he could make me not just passable, but "a knockout". Gulp indeed. I have never in my life had somebody talk about me in such a way. I'm still not sure what to think about that. But it made me feel really nice.

He went through some details on some of the procedures he suggested, talking a bit about some of the reasoning, and differences in shape between boys' and girls' faces, and even some high-level overviews of what the procedures themselves entailed. That was pretty interesting. Seeing surgery programs on television gross me out, but hearing about these types of things in a more academic way really wakes up my how-it's-made, nuts-and-bolts persona.

At the end, he got down to pricing. Wow. We're talking decent car pricing. I knew it was going to be expensive, but not quite that expensive. I shall have to save my pennies. Many, many pennies.

After the consultation, I went to work, and I was in sort of a fog for most of the day. Me, a knockout? Half a day later, and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that. But the fog in my head was a happy one, so I won't complain.

2 comments:

laanba said...

Didn't I say you were going to be a pretty girl? Told you!

Trinity Annabelle said...

<blush>

It's probably going to take a long while to get used to hearing people talk that way about me. It's just not something I'm at all used to, or have ever considered.