Saturday, June 6, 2009

We have photos!

L came over this afternoon to shoot photos of me. We spent a good while trying a couple different lighting schemes, and we got plenty of images that make me very happy. We did a set with me in boring-guy-mode, and then I went to change while she played around a little bit on Rock Band. We were both nervous about the whole 'first time seeing Trinity in girl mode' thing, but it was just fine. We shot another set of she-me, and then a couple just for fun. They turned out really awesome! Now I've got images to send in to the plastic surgeon, and can get that whole ball rolling. More progress!

After we finished up doing photos, we sat and visited for a while. We had sort of lost contact for a bit, or as much as two people who follow each other's blogs and twitter streams can, anyway. She's a lovely girl with a big heart, and I realize that I've missed her company a whole lot.

It's interesting how some people react to seeing me in femme-mode for the first time. Some just try to treat it as no big deal, which is nice from the standpoint of not making me feel like a circus attraction, but at the same time it almost feels a little dismissive. I spend a good amount of effort to look nice, and to have that apparently ignored, well, that's a little bit of a disappointment. If that makes me vain, well, I guess I can live with that. On the other end of the spectrum, there have been a couple people who actually stared open-mouthed for several seconds. Those times were more than a little creepy, as one might expect. L's response was somewhere in the middle - she definitely gave me a good look, but also gave a quick smile and a nice compliment.

Today was just generally awesome in all aspects. Progress for my transition, some nice personal time with a lovely friend, and just a nice smiley afternoon.

No comments: