Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Busy, busy!

You know that old saying, "the harder I work, the behinder I get"? That's just how I'm feeling right now. I've got three blog posts that I want to make, dating from last weekend, and I've got more work to do on my dress, and I'm in the middle of an across-the-country road trip, and, and, and. I feel like I'm not finishing anything properly, and being the perfectionist that I am, doing something halfway is probably worse than not doing it at all.

Sigh.

I'm whining. I'm tired, and cranky, and not very comfortable, and I still have a couple hours' work to finish up some important things on my new dress before I can go to bed.

Road trips are no fun. I always forget that, and then I'm given the rudest of awakenings when I take one. They're exhausting, and the road has absolutely no mercy - you have to complete the distance, no matter what. But, I'm halfway done, and I'm doing it, and when I get to the end and see everyone who I'm going to see, it will be worth it. Tomorrow will be better. The reason for my journey will come to pass. I will be surrounded by friends, and there will be fun and merriment.

Right now, I would be content with a refreshing beverage, and my work being done. That doesn't seem like too much to ask. Magic 8-ball says: my sources say no.

No comments: