Sunday, August 30, 2009

Turnabout

Last night as I was attempting (and failing) to sleep, I had a moment of intuition. I've been feeling weird lately about seeing and meeting new people, even if our meeting has nothing to do with my gender stuff. My body is no longer "standard" male, and though I still present that way most of the time, I'm not sure how well I can pass in that role anymore. And more to the point, I'm not sure how much I want to pass in that role anymore. But of course, there are physical parts of me that aren't quite ready to make the full-time switch, and a whole lot of emotional parts that aren't ready either.

Quite the conundrum, though I don't think there's actually anything to "figure out". I'll just have to keep having courage, and moving in a good direction, and just take it day by day.

No comments: