Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting ready

The last couple nights have been spent getting ready for the upcoming trip - picking up a lot of the items I'll need, including some comfy clothes, medical supplies, and last night, a dose of sanity.

As you might expect, this is freaking me out beyond any and all places I've ever been before. It's going to be brutal. I'll be ugly and scary looking for a number of days after. And I'm going to hurt. There's going to be pain, and more pain, and some more pain after that. I've got a decently high pain tolerance, but... well, I really don't know what's coming.

There's that fear of the unknown again. And this unknown is about as big as it gets. In the meanwhile, I'm just trying to take it as easy as possible, and trying to not get so stressed out that I, say, get sick. Total fail on that last bit, but oh well.

I'm not sure what else there is to be said. The trip begins in earnest on Saturday, at a bit past one in the afternoon. I'll try to keep everyone up to date here and on twitter. I'll also have C send periodic updates to twitter, when I am... indisposed.

3 comments:

Sinnyo said...

Good luck! It may sound like lame advice, but do try to find yourself some distractions - they keep us calm and feeling a little more productive, after all.

*Dutifully follows you on Twitter, if she may*

Jerica Truax said...

GL girl!!! I'll be praying for and thinking about you. *hugs*

Udge said...

My fingers are crossed for you, Trin.